Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just got a weird email -- maybe Today.com related??

I just got an email with the subject line "Hey Terri." I think the only places I've used the name "Terri" were on my old today.com blogs and on my own LOST blog.

The email was sent to an email address I haven't used in over a year, so it couldn't have been someone contacting me via my own blog, as my address there is current.

The message said:

Hi Terri are you doing good? I wanted to let you in on this , I have came ahead quite a bit since I started a week ago! Just have a read [There was a shortened bit.ly link here.]

Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they find laughable. -- Anonymous


I looked up the link on KnowURL.com (cool resource, by the way), and it had a history of distributing malware from Russia!! I'm glad I didn't click on it!

It's all quite puzzling. The only people I can think of who have the combination of the name "Terri" and my old email address are our old friends (cough) at Today.com.

Maybe there's another explanation, but I can't think of one off-hand.

Anyway, if you get any weird messages like that, don't click on the link!

----------------
So how are you all doing? Hope everyone is doing well. What are you up to these days?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations