Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just got a weird email -- maybe related??

I just got an email with the subject line "Hey Terri." I think the only places I've used the name "Terri" were on my old blogs and on my own LOST blog.

The email was sent to an email address I haven't used in over a year, so it couldn't have been someone contacting me via my own blog, as my address there is current.

The message said:

Hi Terri are you doing good? I wanted to let you in on this , I have came ahead quite a bit since I started a week ago! Just have a read [There was a shortened link here.]

Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they find laughable. -- Anonymous

I looked up the link on (cool resource, by the way), and it had a history of distributing malware from Russia!! I'm glad I didn't click on it!

It's all quite puzzling. The only people I can think of who have the combination of the name "Terri" and my old email address are our old friends (cough) at

Maybe there's another explanation, but I can't think of one off-hand.

Anyway, if you get any weird messages like that, don't click on the link!

So how are you all doing? Hope everyone is doing well. What are you up to these days?


Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations