Sunday, May 3, 2009

Have you Noticed? Advertising on Today.com Google results

Well, we're not RIGHT up there yet... and most of the links that are showing up in the first couple of pages of Google search results for "Advertising on today.com" are sites we've done on our individual blogs rather than pages on this particular blog - but we are having some success in getting the word out none-the-less.

30something and searching's article about Today.com: why they suck is now on the front page of results; way to go!

For the search term blog with today.com Forum & Blog Posting Guidelines Regarding Rate Changes, Performance and Today.com's T & C and Hospitalera's Today.com Update both come up on the first page of the Google results.

There are lots of other good articles that I'm not seeing in the first few pages of Google results yet, so am going to list them here ...can never have too many backlinks, eh? If I've missed any, please do add them in the comments!

These articles all provide good reasons why people should be cautious about advertising or blogging with today.com:

If I missed your article, please be assured that it was not intentional - and I would be happy to add it to the list.

Plus a reminder - if you are a today.com exile and would like to contribute to this blog or to be added to our blogroll, or both, please either drop a comment, or send me an email - we would love to have you join us.

6 comments:

Ms Terri May 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Right now, THIS post is # 1 on Google for "advertising on today.com!! Good job!!

A Widgetbox network link to my forareasonblog post is # 3 for "kicked off of Today.com" and a direct link is #17

For "locked out of Today.com," Just Flitting comes up # 1! My post on this (Today Exiles) blog comes up at # 7.

For "today.com sucks," we've got Paulys Political rants (not sure who that is) at # 2, WAHM at # 5, and 30 something's post on Digg at # 6, and more on the next page.

Heh.

Ms Terri,  May 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Oh, btw, all of those results (in my last comment) were without using quotation marks.

Using quotation marks, everything came up even higher -- except, of course, the ones who were already at the # 1 spot, and had nowhere higher to go!

Phyl May 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

This is excellent news!

I really, really need to get my own story up, here and on my own blog.

Anon for now May 3, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Wow! This is great.
I am just now starting my own blog for Today exiles. Any ex-todayer can post a review to their new blog. I will also be adding all of you to the blogroll.
Keep up the good work and it is exciting to see everyone working together!

flit May 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Woo hoo...I must be getting the hang of this SEO thing, eh?

Bourbon Girl May 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

excellent! I know that I have stopped at least one person from working with them and converted another to leave them....slowly but surely we will get the word out about them!

Kelly

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations